Monday, January 4, 2010

Go outside and play!!!!

I decided many years ago that I was not going to allow Miles and Maggie to spend much time watching TV and playing video games. I am constantly telling them to go outside and play. They have the creek, the field, the animals, bikes, rollerblades, a trampoline, a pool, etc. to entertain them, yet they often complain that there is nothing to do. Really? I just don't understand it. I have threatened chores, telling them that if they can't find something to do that I will find something to keep them busy. It would be so easy to let them turn on the TV, computer, or video games and become mindless zombies, but I won't allow that. They tell me I am "mean", but they don't realize how fast childhood will go by, and they need to fill their youth being creative, exploring, and using their imagination.

1 comment:

  1. I know,where we live the kids can't go out and do anything, so their stuck in the house.little raymond want's to move to the woods so he can be outside all day, he would be in heaven where you live. the girls don't watch t.v much they can find more things to do.I hate it , you can't let your kids go and play around outside anymore, betwen the crazy kids and those out to hurt your children it's just not what it use to be like. and Raymond hates it, but what are you to do, if you can't move to the woods

    ReplyDelete