Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Clutter is Overwhelming

Clutter causes me to feel overwhelmed and depressed. It robs me of my energy and makes life harder because when I am not organized I have to look longer and dig deeper to find what I am looking for. Clutter makes it hard for me to think straight.
I have found that when I write "organize laundry room" or "organize kitchen" on my To Do list, it is something that I dread doing, and I often feel overwhelmed and that I cannot possibly complete that task. These thoughts make me feel like procrastinating or not doing the task at all.
How do I overcome feeling overwhelmed? One way is to get plenty of rest. When I am tired, I am less productive and easily frustrated. Another way is to make sure that I am finding "me time" and not spending all of my time focused on my list of things to do. Sometimes I just have to put my list out of sight and walk out of the room. Giving myself the freedom to do "nothing" is empowering and allows me to focus on relaxing or doing something fun. Having fun is a crutial part of living a balanced life and has been proven to improve a person's health and well-being.
However, I have to be mindful of not doing "nothing" too often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment