Friday, January 15, 2010

Emergency Tub

The struggling economy and the earthquake in Haiti have me thinking about emergency preparedness. We aren't stockpiling food (yet), but we decided to make some plans to be prepared in case of an emergency. I have found a few sites that have lists of things to have available, and we used those ideas to create our list. Some of the simple things that I havehad to buy are: a hand-crank radio and flashlight, lots of bottled water, extra batteries, bandaids, neosporin, Motrin, matches, canned soup, and an extra can opener. I put them in the tub so they won't be used for day-to-day living. I also filled up the spare gas cans for the generator and have bought extra propane and mantles for the lanterns. We have a pile of wood for the wood-burning stove, and we plan to keep it stocked with the wood from the cabin. I also have a supply of vegetable seeds...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment