Saturday, January 9, 2010

Busy Day

This morning I took Maggie to her first 4H meeting. They were performing ultrasounds on the members' goats to verify whether or not the does were bred, and also to see how many babies each doe was carrying. I wish we could have taken our 2 girls, but they are too skittish and I can only imagine what a nightmare it would have been. Considering it was our first meeting, I didn't want to show up with two wild goats and cause a scene trying to carry, drag, and chase them around the leader's yard.
After the meeting, Maggie and I went to a spinning/knitting open house. It was awesome to watch Maggie use a drop spindle and start a knitting project. She has her first spinning class next weekend and she just can't wait!
Later in the day we went to the feed store to buy rabbit feed, a rabbit brush, and harness/leash sets for our new bunnies. It will be so fun to let them hop around the yard on their leashes. Maggie wants to put the harnesses on them today, but I feel like they need some more time to become comfortable in their new surroundings before we try something new. We are all still getting to know eachother so I think waiting another week is a good idea.
On the way home we stopped by an estate sale and bought 3 large pots for the rest of my bulbs. I planted several of last year's bulbs in each pot, but they are unlabeled, so it will be fun to see what pops up. After that, I spread fresh straw in the barn and chicken coop.
Tonight Maggie and I are going to watch her friend's performance at the local high school. It is a musical so I know Maggie will truly enjoy it.
If you are wondering what Lee and Miles have been doing all day....football is on. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment