Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organic Gardening

What is organic gardening? It is simply garden care without the use of toxic chemicals, pesticides, or herbicides. Why organic gardening? I want my family to eat chemical free vegetables. Also, I don't want to contribute to the chemicals that are already polluting our water systems by draining waste water filled with harmful products.
I have been tempted on several occations to use pesticides, but I decided to research ways to kill unwanted pests using natural methods. I was surprised and excited when I learned that by planting certain flowers in your garden you will reduce (or eliminate) a variety of yucky pests. One of favorite sections in gardening books is companion gardening. Not only have I learned which plants grow well together, but it is an excellent resource for choosing the best "bug reducing" flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment