Sunday, January 3, 2010

Herb Garden

Last year I grew several different herbs in my garden because they were the perfect size for small containers and tubs. Unfortunately, I never used them for anything other than a decoration around the garden. This spring I will be planting a larger variety of herbs and using them for cooking or in saches.
The first thing I will need to do is research different herbs and their many uses. This will help me decide what to plant. then I need to learn how to dry them, how to make saches, and how to use the herbs in the kitchen. The last step will be my challenge because I have very little experience cooking.
I have taken the first step and bought a good book on herbs so I am prepared for spring planting.
1/15 Update...I love the book and have found many medicinal uses for herbs. I have also learned the different water/sun requirements so I can plant them accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment